This Mini SD card is preloaded with all the necessary software to update the firmware of the
Meade LS (LightSwitch) telescopes. Each Mini SD card is individually tested on a Meade LS telescope
to ensure that it works correctly. This is not a Meade product.
Important: We recommend that you only update your telescope's firmware if there is a real need. If your telescope is operational, there are no significant benefits that warrant an update.
- Use a reliable power supply.
- Ensure that your Meade LS telescope is switched off.
- Insert the mini SD card containing the firmware into the telescope’s mini SD slot.
- Switch ON the telescope and follow the instructions on the handset display.
- Wait for approximately 30 minutes for the firmware to be updated.
- Do not remove the mini SD card or switch off the telescope while updating the firmware or the telescope may need to be returned back to Meade Instruments Inc. for re-flashing.
- The AutoStar III hand box will confirm that the software has been updated.
- Switch OFF the telescope.
- Remove the Mini SD card from the telescope.
- The firmware update is now complete.
Caution: Do not plug or unplug the power supply or hand box to/from your telescope while the telescope’s ON/OFF switch is at the ON position.