The contents of this kit can be used to attach various optical instruments and other equipment with a 1/4" photographic thread to predrilled dovetail platforms subject to the thickness of the platform used. Such equipment includes the Coronado Solar scopes, most Meade 90-125mm SCTs and Skywatcher Maksutovs as well the majority of DSLR cameras.
All components in the kit are made of stainless steel (S/S).
Washers can also be used to ‘shorten’ the length of the thread without the need to cut the threaded part of the screw.
- 2 x 1/4" S/S hex cup screw, thread length ~1/2” (12.7mm)
- 2 x 1/4” S/S hex cup screw, thread length ~5/8” (15.9mm, 07932)
- 2 x 1/4" S/S hex cup screw, thread length ~1” (25.4mm)
- 6 x 1/4" S/S spring lock washer ~1.5mm height under full compression
- 6 x 1/4" S/S washers ~1.5mm height (approximately)
Note: Please take care when attaching a dovetail platform to a telescope or other equipment. If the thread is too long the screw would contact the equipment and scrape it.